Many solopreneurs and small business owners struggle with finding clients. In our interview with Michelle Mahoney, a kick ass business coach and speaker, you’ll get some ideas for finding clients without breaking your bank and increasing your income in a holistic way.
You can listen to our interview with Michelle here:
Finding Your Clients with Michelle Mahoney – Show Notes
- People fail to find clients because they look at the big picture too much. They fail to realize that they can start small and work their way towards that big picture.
- Entrepreneurs who are shy and introverted do not do well in marketing because they don’t value what they put out there and what positive impact they can have on people. They need to understand that what they do not only affects the business of their clients but their personal life as well. The positive impact they have on their clients flows over to their family, community and the world.
Where to find clients
- Go to the places where your target clients hang out. Ask the people that you are working with right now where they hang out. Find out what they like to do for fun and where do they go with their friends. Go to those places as well. For example, if you’re a business coach like Michelle, you can go to the business section of a bookstore.
- Listen to people and be open. You can find clients in unlikely places like groceries, bookstores, coffee shops, and libraries if you listen to what they say about their work and life and approach.
- Start small. Focus on local opportunities.
Three secrets to creating a six-figure business
- Create a free taste or a free sample for people to get to know you. Examples would be a free e-book, video or audio. Don’t just ask people to sign up for your newsletter
- Follow up consistently. Do not wait a month before following up. New marketing says that you have to follow up 12-15 times before a client invests in you.
- Solve a specific problem for people. Do not try to give away too much. Just focus in one of the four big problems that people have – money, love and relationship, health and fitness, and religion and spirituality. Focusing on solving any one of these problems is a surefire way to economy-proof your business.
About Michelle Mahoney
Michelle Mahoney is kick ass business coach and speaker. In her new web site 4monthsto6figures.com, you can sign up for a free video series called “3 Sizzling Hot Secrets to Attract Clients” where you will learn to attract the right clients through irresistible offers and building your list.